Monday, April 7, 2014

Just yesterday we went 20 minutes by bus out of Olomouc and found the small village of Svatý Kopeček. Rising above the quaint village is the church, St. Kopecek. It was mid-morning when we arrived, mass was still in session. The atmosphere was cool and calm, very few people were out as we made our way around the church and through the village.
We wandered, and wandered some more. Eventually we walked in the direction of the forest. The wilderness has always been a part of my childhood. I have fond memories of playing hide and seek with my Papa and my brother in the forest while my mom would cook on her camp stove and call us in for dinner when the sun hit the horizon. My parents would take 2 weeks out of the summer to leave their jobs and take us camping, fishing, and my favorite: exploring. It was always the highlight of the summer.
So when we arrived at the edge of the town the trees towered above us, and I knew I was home.
















































































No comments:

Post a Comment